Forum is now closed to new posts, but can still be used as a resource.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Please create a Safewards forum account first. You can continue to use this username and password if you wish. Alternatively afterwards, you may choose to link this account with a social media account if you have one, by clicking on one of the buttons below. Once you have done the linkage the first time, you can login using the facebook or other button.

Implementation and evaluation issues.

TOPIC: Reduced numbers?

Reduced numbers? 4 years 11 months ago #565

• Robson
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to come up with a presentation for our unit, as I think we would really benefit from implementing the Safewards model. Just wondering if anyone could share any information they may have decreased numbers of seclusion rates/conflict etc.
Thanks,
Kate
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reduced numbers? 4 years 11 months ago #566

Hi Kate and welcome.

I moved your post into 'Implementation and evaluation'. I hope that's OK.

From my point of view the hardest evidence is from the trial. 15% decrease in conflict and 24% decrease in containment. The main scientific paper is due for publication imminently in the International Journal of Nursing Studies.

Len

Reduced numbers? 4 years 11 months ago #567

• GBrennan
Is it a PICU. The Taliesin Ward in north Bangor reported a third less seclusion form their official stats in the first three months of implimentaion. That was in October of last year I think - but the ward manager, Sian Williams, who is ace, has now moved on I think and have not heard from them about more recent data.

Len's right though - RCT is the biggest and best evidence - in the scientists eyes, that is.
Geoff Brennan
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SianPlasCoch
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds